Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:53:32 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Albert.Shih@obspm.fr
Cc:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PATH problem

--------------enig1F9536E02E6E23114ABA699F

Albert Shih wrote:

> Maybe my question is not very clear....
>=20
> The p5 package work in shell, because the PATH is in the shell.=20
>=20
> But when I use the application throught the web it's not working. But I=

> don't known how to tell apache ? mod_perl ? the PATH.=20

If you're using mod_perl2, then Apache will default to setting up the
environment perl sees as if perl was running as a separate CGI script.
See:=20

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_SetupEnv_

(defaults to 'On')

You can modify the perl environment from httpd.conf using PerlSetEnv
or PerlPassEnv. See:=20

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_PerlSetEnv_
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_PerlPassEnv_

Assuming you do mean $PATH -- the executable search path -- that should=20
be sufficient to fix your problem.  If you're really after $PERL5INC --=20
the path to search for perl modules -- while you can use PerlSetEnv to=20
set that, it's special-cased not to be passed through when running in=20
taint-checking mode.  It's generally cleaner to have a startup.pl=20
script you require from the Apache conf, and that can have a BEGIN { }=20
block where you modify @INC before loading modules.  See

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_PerlConfigRequi=
re_

or (preferably):

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_PerlPostConfigR=
equire_

which does much the same thing as a perl 'require' statement -- the=20
difference between the two being that PerlPostConfigRequire happens=20
somewhat later in the configuration process.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3