Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2017 00:41:30 +0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Jules Gilbert <repeatable_compression@yahoo.com>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: extending the maximum filename length (pointer to patch)[request for input]

On 13/9/17 6:10 pm, Jules Gilbert via freebsd-arch wrote:
> First, I'm just an old guy, I don't maintain any systems (maybe a
> couple of laptop's,) but no one holds me responsible if their work
> stations fail.
>
> However very suddenly I have a contribution...

Hi Jules.
I was not saying we want to compete with microsoft, just that
Microsoft has set the bar as t o how long Asian users think a filename
can be. And as we are selligna file-server which is sending files to
windows, we need to be able to handle any filenames that the Windows
client sends to us.