Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:19:59 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcre again

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM, ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did as I red on /usr/ports/UPDATING and when I checked pkg_libchk I have
> many "misses" pcre related.
>
> Do I need run portmaster -r devel/pcre, please?

It is quite possible that you will re-install quite a few ports that
don't need it with 'portmaster -r'. I'd just re-build the ports called
out in by 'pkg_libchk -o'. But you don't really need to do any
immediately. The backup copy of libpcre.so.0 in
/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg is not seen as that path is not checked by
pkg_libchk. (I assume that is deliberate.) Still, it is probably a
good idea to get them re-built. If some things are linked against two
libraries, one of which uses .0 and the other using .1 which will
break the executable as rtld will refuse to load it.

OTOH, those who only install or update from packages after upgrading
to a new release should have nothing to worry about.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com