Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 1996 08:32:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Fred Cawthorne <fcawth@jjarray.umd.edu>
To:        robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de (Robert Schien)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP CD Writer

> > I just installed an HP Surestore CD writer in my FreeBSD-2.1R box.
> > I have a couple of questions:
> >
> > 1.
> >  It is probed like a regular scsi CD rom, i.e. :
> > (ncr0:6:0): "HP C4324/C4325 1.20" type 5 removable SCSI 2
> > cd1(ncr0:6:0): CD-ROM cd present.[330928 x 2340 byte records]
> >  Is this correct??  Will I be able to issue scsi commands to the cd1
> >  device?  (i.e. shouldn't I be using the worm device to write CD's)
> >
> Can you change the SCSI type of the HP (from CD-ROM to WORM)?
> Is there such a jumper?

No, there is only the termination enable and address jumpers...
It will have to be handled as an exception by the scsi drivers, if I
can only get that to work.  I added an entry in scsiconf.c for this
drive, but it still attaches to the cd driver...
How can I make something that is type 5 attach itself to the worm driver
instead of the cd driver??

Fred.