Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 97 21:36:00 -0500
From:      Timothy J Luoma <luomat@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advice on new SCSI hardware

	Author:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@tri-lakes.net>

> > I have two Micropolis 3243 drives.  I don't belive they make
> > these anymore, as I got mine almost two years ago.  I hate
> > them.  One of them is flaky (locks up, and requires a _power
> > cycle_ before it will respond to a problem).  They also run
> > hot.
>
> Thanks. This confirms my suspicion about those drives.   :-)

I have a MicroPolis #1598.  I think it is circa 1991 or so.

It is a *tank*.  A 1 gig full height drive.  BUT it has been on constantly
for years, used as the boot drive, and has had absolutely no problems.

I would have bought another in a minute.  However, since I can't ge the
MicroPolis web page, things look bad.....

Just another datapoint
TjL