Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:18:33 -0400
From:      "David Gordon (LMC)" <David.Gordon@ericsson.ca>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Ibrahim Haddad (LMC)" <Ibrahim.Haddad@lmc.ericsson.se>
Subject:   X server mouse

Hi

I am not subscribed to this list, could you please CC to my email, thank
you.

The mouse in the X server does not function at all. I have configured my X
server with xf86config and the following options for the mouse:

PS/2
/dev/psm0

The mouse is a Compaq PS/2 mouse and the device psm0 is active. I have tried
both disabling and enabling "moused -3 -t ps/2 -p /dev/psm0" before starting
the X server, but to no greater success.

Someone suggested in a previous mailing to change the mouse settings as
follows:

Mouse Systems
/dev/sysmouse

But this does not work either. The symptom is the same: the mouse cursor
appears but does not move. I can type into the terminal but no mouse.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

David Gordon