Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 1999 05:32:40 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        sheldonh@iafrica.com, beyssac@enst.fr, grog@lemis.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE CDROM not found with PIIX4 chipset, -current kernel

"S=F8ren Schmidt" wrote:
> =

> > The problem is the ARS_BSY signal. If my memory doesn't fail me, if
> > ARS_BSY is active, then the other signals may contain trash. In this
> > particular loop, ARS_BSY could be active, but it wasn't being
> > checked for, on the assumption that ARS_DRQ would only be up (down?)
> > when the operation completed.
> =

> This has been in there for ages, if the PR is still open it should
> be closed.

It is closed. We were discussing (actually, I was wondering) whether
it might have resurfaced with acd.

> Be patient though, I'm working as much as I can on the (really) new
> subsystem, and I hope to release the first snaps soon...

Hey, my cd-rom works fine. *I* am in no hurry. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"To make it absolutely clear: you stand on the wrong end of my
blasters, so you better get lost before I start target practice!"