Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:38:01 +0300
From:      Atte =?iso-8859-1?Q?Peltom=E4ki?= <atte.peltomaki@iki.fi>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MAGIC with HP KVM - someone will help?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 08:14:09AM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> I bought used IP 16 port KVM connected to few servers, in between them
> FreeBSD 8 server running on Dell PowerEdge T110.
>
> As this KVM have PS/2 connectors to keyboard and mouse i added USB to
> dual-PS/2 converter.

This is ancient history now, but I used HP KVM switches 6-12 years ago
and they weren't without problems. Regardless of OS and hardware behind
the switches, they often acted up. Some combinations were more prone to
problems, but since switching back and forth between targets would solve
the problem over 99% of the time, I never put any further effort into
it.

If it's any consolation, I've used other brand KVM switches as well and
the only one I've found quite reliable were Raritan and those cost an
arm and a leg.

--
Atte Peltomäki
     atte.peltomaki@iki.fi <> http://kameli.org