Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:54:34 +0100
From:      Terje Thogersen <terje.thogersen@hda.hydro.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: od0(ahc1:4:0)Target Busy, or : My OD-disk times out continuosly

J Wunsch wrote:

> As Terje Thogersen wrote:
>
> > I enabled the od driver, and if I tried to read 240.000 bytes from the disk,
> > I'd get about 100 "od0(ahc1:4:0)Target Busy".
>
> I'm afraid you will have to dig further.  I've never seen this...
>
> Hint: enable SCSIDEBUG (a kernel option), and turn on debugging using
> scsi(8).  This should get you some more output, so you could tell us
> which operation is actually causing the error.
> Hrm. I kinda hoped that someone would smack their forehead and say "€#%@&§!, I
forgot that.."

I've already enable the scsidebug, but the output was not clear, atleast not to
me. One interesting thing I saw, was that I'd get a "Target Busy" when I did
scsi -f /dev/rod0 -d 1..

I could not see anything in the debug-output that popped out and said "here is the
error", which led me to suspect the ahc-driver, not the od. Can one debug the
ahc-driver?

  -Terje

Terje Thøgersen, IS Advisor     | E-mail : terje.thogersen@hydro.com
Norsk Hydro a.s, Hydro Finance  | Tel    : +47-2243 2100