Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:56:49 +0200
From:      hans@lambermont.dyndns.org (Hans Lambermont)
To:        freebsd-stable@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Belkin 8-port KVM = keyboard inactive

Yanek Korff wrote:

> So my question is this: Under what circumstance would I ever want to
> fail on no keyboard?  Even if there WERE no keyboard plugged in, is it
> not helpful to install the driver in anticipation of a keyboard being
> added (eg. server in a cage, keyboard plugged in when needed).

I vote for setting the default to 'always do as if a keyboard was
detected' and just log if none was detected during boot. That way
servers would not have the problem of late-connected keyboards and ppl
with broken keyboards still have the log telling them their keyboard is
broken.

regards,
   Hans Lambermont
--