Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:12:03 -0600
From:      dnelson@cauc.ab.ca
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   re: GENERIC kernel

My name is David Nelson, and I am currently attempting to use FreeBSD 2.2.8
to run a distance education package, and control bandwith (using dummynet)
at a Univeristy.

I am having trouble compiling any kernel, including GENERIC.  I have not
made any modifications to the GENERIC kernel.
My list of errors are (during the "make depend" operation):
1) Warning: Object directory not changed from original
/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC
2) /var/tmp/ccqeI435.s:3702: fatal error: Symbol "L92" is already defined
as "unknown"/0.0.-268435456

Any help would be appreciated.

-Dave