Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 01:00:37 -0800
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        jgrosch@sirius.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Z-Mail & FreeBSD

At 12:27 AM 2/5/97 -0800, Josef Grosch wrote:
>>> NetManage now owns ZMail, and they do not have a FreeBSD version on
their FTP

>>> site, I also got the flyer so here are the version they currently support:
>>
>>Well, I just talked to the UNIX product manager and gave him my pitch
>>for resurrecting the existing inheirited-from-NCD port of Zmail to
>>FreeBSD.  They're not wildly enthusiastic about adding Yet Another
>>platform to their list of responsibilities, but they're intrigued by
>>the idea of doing a purely promotional thing with FreeBSD as a "use at
>>your own risk" kinda thing.  We'll see where it goes.
>>
>>					Jordan
>>

>How much would a copy of Zmail go for ? Would it be helpful if a number of
>us started sending email to NetManage offering to throw green pieces of
>paper at them for a copy of Zmail ;-)

At the moment, I would not throw green pieces at them, they might want
them. I worked at Z-Code for 7 months and I tried to get a source license,
so I could make a free version for FreeBSD. This work was kind of
destroyed, as Z-Code was sold to Netmanage. We are now trying to make the
same deal with Netmanage.

Ulf.

Alameda Networks, Inc.   | Ulf Zimmermann (ulf@Alameda.net)
1525 Pacific Avenue      | Phone: (510)769-2936
Alameda, CA 94501        | Fax  : (510)521-5073