Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:27:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make buildworld fails in /usr/bin/tip . . .

> Not to pick on you Chris, but this misinformation is getting posted
> far too often.
>
>  * make includes
>  * make world
>
> Let me just point (for the umpteenth time) out that there is no reason
> to do a "make includes" before "make world" now.  If there is, it is a
> bug.  Please let us know.  And please do not post an encouragement to
> run a "make includes" to the mailing lists.  The days that it was a
> solution are long gone.

Not to be a butt head or anything, but I have to disagree, it _is_
the solution after I ftp /usr/lib from a just finished make world
box and want /usr/include updated to match the /usr/src tarball
I just extracted.

Now you know why I was so asinine about ``make includes'' DTRT.

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD