Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 1997 00:23:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Andrews <mandrews@termfrost.org>
To:        darrylo@sr.hp.com
Cc:        Mike Burgett <mburgett@cmnsens.zoom.com>, "hardware@freebsd.org" <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: K6 - New results..

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Darryl Okahata wrote:

> > Ok, I got my replacement K6-200 yesterday, after the distributor tried to say
> > there was nothing wrong with the old chip (because they couldn't make it fail
> > running windoze for a couple of hours... :(
>
> [ Sorry if this is old news, but I haven't seen this mentioned, yet. ]
>
>      Just FYI, a Linux user has a page claiming that K6 systems with
> more than 32MB RAM exhibit "signal 11" problems:
>
> 	http://www.creaweb.fr/bpc/k6bug.html
>
> Instructions for "reproducing" the problem on either Linux or WinNT are
> given (although "make world" is probably good enough as anything ;-).

Interesting...

The two systems I had problems with had 64 meg of parity memory, however,
I tried 32 meg of EDO and it didn't make any difference.  And I briefly
had one 64 meg system that worked.

-- Mike Andrews (MA12)   network & systems guy, Digital Crescent, Frankfort KY
-- mandrews@dcr.net  --  mandrews@termfrost.org  --  http://www.termfrost.org/
-- "Evil shall always prevail over good, because evil has better marketing..."
-- Sick of junk e-mail?  Visit http://www.cauce.org/ or http://spam.abuse.net/