Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 15:53:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   FW: Some SCSI Questions...

----- Forwarded Message ----: Some SCSI Questions...-----

Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 15:20:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To: freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject: Some SCSI Questions...

Hi Y'all,

Me again, with more questions:

1.  I want to port cdwrite 2.0 from Linux (and get rid but have no clue
what the
    userland API to the generic device (userland SCB) is.  Can someone
    please help me with:

    a.  What is the /dev entry?
    b.  What options in config do I need to turn on?
    c.  (At least) header file pathname to API

2.  In writing a SCSI device driver, how does one differentiate a device
    reset from bus reset from HBA reset?  I can guess, that an HBA reset
    may come as a device reset flag in the xs struct, destined for the
    HBA's target ID.  But on which bus?

    We have an HBA which has three busses.  We can have multiple of these
    HBA's in the system.  We set the HBA softc struct as an array (linked
    list, actually) of softc structures.  In each softc we have an array
    of scsi_link structures to manage that.  But question #2 is not answered
    by that, to my understanding.

Thanx!

Simon

-------------End of forwarding message-------------------------