Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 2004 01:32:03 +0100
From:      Terje Elde <terje+geom@elde.net>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More geom classes?

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 08:19:54PM +0100, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> +> I like the idea, and it would be a perfect project from someone who is
> +> learning geom...

I was thinking of doing this as a excersice for myself, though I don't think
I'd be able to find time for it any time soon.

> I'm also not sure if CD-ROM with static random data will be safe enough.
> I want to generate random data before every write, xor data with generated
> random data and write both. It should also be faster, as I don't need to
> read random data first. It could be less safe from data integrity point
> of view in case of a power failure, when write request reach only one
> component.

Part of the point of a one time pad is to use it one time. ;)

Granted, the chance of someone sniffing the traffic is less relevant for this
case than it would be in say, network traffic, but still.

> We can also implement both:)
>
> I think, I can do it quite fast.

:)

Terje