Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 21:04:23 -0800
From:      Shawn Workman <sworkman@nidlink.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IDE Cdrom problems

--------------C3525D6B865F3D7D2A7120E0

When I try to mount my cdrom in 3.0-Stable I get the following errors:

hal# mount /cdrom
cd9660: Input/output error
hal# Feb  3 20:55:29 hal /kernel: acd0: read_toc failed
Feb  3 20:55:29 hal /kernel: acd0: read_toc failed

Any ideas?

I checked my kernel config and it is in there and it is also in my
/etc/fstab file.

This only happens when the drive is empty.  It never used to do this..

It works great when the drive is loaded though..
--------------C3525D6B865F3D7D2A7120E0

Script started on Wed Feb  3 20:55:25 1999
hal# mount /cdrom
cd9660: Input/output error
hal#
hal# exit