Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 1995 09:41:33 -0400
From:      User Jleppek <jleppek@harris.com>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
Cc:        richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU, FreeBSD-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: ppp still not working

I run ppp all the time and I have noticed that the link drops
when 2 freebsd-current machines try to telnet or ftp to each other.

from a sparc(lx,5,1) to a freebsd-current no problem
from a fbsd-c to fbsd-c link drop

everything(and everybody) else is ok. I sometimes suspect
it could involve their provider as the other 2 fbsd
machines I have setup for some local business's
are thru the same provider and if it was this bad others
would have noticed.

I have a set of scripts that take
care of autoredial, its not very elegant but it works for me :-)
If you want them email.

If you are getting hostname not found that usually means
a problem with your /etc/resolv.conf or /etc/host.conf or your
link is already down and you cannot reach your nameserver.

Jim