Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:07:10 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Samba Suicide Notice...

   Here's the situation:

Running FreeBSD 3.4 STABLE with kde. Networked to Win95
machine (I know) that has HP DeskJet 895c printer attached.
Trying to print from FreeBSD.  Have /etc/printcap linked to
smbprint, and the command "LPR -Pdeskjet (file)" works fine,
except I don't get a final form-feed. I have to manually
eject the last page. I'm not too put out by that (although
it took a few gallons of coffee to get this far, being that
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer). Now I'm trying to
get a good printout from applications like Netscape. I know
I probably need something along the lines of Ghostscript,
but due to burnout I'm pitching a fit trying to get it to
work. If anyone is able to offer some suggestions, aside
from good ways to perform the subject line, I would
certainly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Walter