Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:20:38 -0700
From:      matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        Mark <lists+freebsd@internecto.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Awkward booting issue

On 03/28/12 06:40, Mark wrote:
>> (...snip...)
>>> Disable everything you can to reduce the attachable devices and see
>>> if it will still boot. This will help identify which device if any
>>> is causing the hang
>> Yes, I considered this. But even after having disabled everything
>> that's possible in the bios, the boot issue persists...
>>
> Any more suggestions? I'd really like to get this solved, please...
rg"
If you have access to another FreeBSD machine, you could try compiling a
minimal kernel (remove drivers that are unneeded, but also those that
attach but are unnecessary) and booting from that kernel instead.

Can you type characters onto the terminal after the boot hangs?
If no, does capslocks change keyboard LEDs?
Does 9-RELEASE boot? Or does no FreeBSD boot?

Matt