Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 2004 20:28:08 +0300
From:      Claudiu Dragalina-Paraipan <clau@reversedhell.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: P4 HT with SMP kernel, FreeBSD 5.2.1-p4 problem

--------------enig8E745745102B104611A23207

Hello,

I come back with a little more informations.
It seems that changing the hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff from default
value of 1 to 0 fixes the problem. At least for now I don't get the
panics on shutdown anymore.

Also, while running the kernel with WITNESS and INVARIANTS, I didn't get
  the panics (as I already said), and I get this in /var/log/messages:

Apr  3 17:28:59 oxygen kernel: lock order reversal
Apr  3 17:28:59 oxygen kernel: 1st 0xc0691680 UMA lock (UMA lock) @
/usr/src/sys/vm/uma_core.c:1200
Apr  3 17:28:59 oxygen kernel: 2nd 0xc0c31100 system map (system map) @
/usr/src/sys/vm/vm_map.c:2210
Apr  3 17:28:59 oxygen kernel: Stack backtrace:
Apr  3 17:37:03 oxygen kernel: lock order reversal
Apr  3 17:37:03 oxygen kernel: 1st 0xc2a54ad4 vm object (vm object) @
/usr/src/sys/vm/swap_pager.c:1323
Apr  3 17:37:03 oxygen kernel: 2nd 0xc0690b00 swap_pager swhash
(swap_pager swhash) @ /usr/src/sys/vm/swap_pager.c:1838
Apr  3 17:37:03 oxygen kernel: 3rd 0xc0c38738 vm object (vm object) @
/usr/src/sys/vm/uma_core.c:873
Apr  3 17:37:03 oxygen kernel: Stack backtrace:

This appear once, shortly after a startup.

Best regards.

--
Claudiu Dragalina-Paraipan
Reversed Hell Networks / reversedhell.net

e-mail: clau@reversedhell.net

GPG KeyID: BFACC244 (9F07 2B86 7965 B9A8 9AAB 1BEA 9B41 56C5 BFAC C244)
gpg --keyserver gpg.mit.edu --recv-keys BFACC244