Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Verify Dump Backups

What if I wrote tar to a tape?  How could I verify that?

I need some sort of solution where I can do level 0 dumps daily, and
verify each backup.  I tried amanda, but in disaster recovery, it seems
like such a pain in the butt to do a base install of freebsd, install
amanda, configure it, then run the amrestore program.

Probably best to use a simpler solution for what I am doing.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall