Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:49:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Palm piolt

On 13 Sep 1999 wwoods@cybcon.com wrote:

> OK, I am looking at getting a 3com Palm IIIx for work purposes, but I am wondering, how is the functionality under FreeBSD?
>
> Specifically, what PIM's can I hot-sync to? (I have herd reports of people using StarOffice 5.X and Koffice...anyone here?)
>
> Also, how well does FreeBSD/Palm communication work?
>
> I would be using this for work related dates, times and E-mail among other things.
>
> What all are you guys using the Palm for under FreeBSD?

pilot-link works quite well under FreeBSD, but isn't a PIM.  However, some
of the other palm utilities/PIMs use it as the communication method, and
these should work as well.

I have no problem installing/backing up stuff, but I have no real need to
access my palm info under freebsd, so I can't compare the utilities for
that.