Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:12:14 +0200
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: axing <4.2 instructions from Handbook

--RpqchZ26BWispMcB

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 02:04:14PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2005-08-19 11:32, Pav Lucistnik <pav@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > What's the sentiment on 'FreeBSD 4.2 and older' instruction in kernel
> > building chapter of Handbook? I'd like to delete them.
>=20
> FWIW,
>=20
> I kind of support this, as long as there are no serious objections from
> people actively using 4.X versions older than the current HEAD of
> RELENG_4.
>=20

I'd say nuke it.  I think we can safely assume that people using that
old releases know how to build a kernel.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--RpqchZ26BWispMcB

--RpqchZ26BWispMcB--