Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 1995 20:15:16 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        Stephen Tsai <tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MH 6.8.3 package problem!

In message <199508171213.MAA00635@bsd1.keck.lmu.edu>, Stephen Tsai writes:
>I really don't want to recompile MH.

Understandable :-)

>I have modify the line in sendmail.cf as the following

>  DSserver.keck.lmu.edu

>The server.keck.lmu.edu is the server machine of the network.  But it does not
>seems to work.  Could you please tell me what this entry mean and what might
>be the problem.

Problem probably is that you haven't started sendmail. You need to run
`sendmail -bd' as root.

The line means that the machine will not try to handle delivery of
non-local e-mail (i.e. e-mail not destined for delivery on the local
machine) itself, but send it to the specified machine for handling.

>Also, I have one entry in the sendmail.cf is modified so
>replied mails will be send to the server.  The line is

>  # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading)
>  DMserver.keck.lmu.edu

>I am wondering if this will have any problem with what you have just tell
>me to do.

Shouldn't do.

If you want *ALL* e-mail (even e-mail for local accounts) to go to the
server, you'll probably want to set DH and/or DR also.

Gary