Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 21:08:24 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vic and Quickcam

On Mon, 12 May 1997, Doug White wrote:

> > Ok, I see.. Well.. I tried now with programs i found on your machine,
> > vic-qcam and nv-qcam, and it works! The two machines I connect are on the
> > same ethernet, same subnet, so I think mrouted shouldn't be needed in
> > this case. One thing that might come up is running multicast applications
> > between our two offices. The two offices are connected via a 128Kb/s
> > link, and bridges. I assume the bridges work on "ethernet"-level, so it
> > shold work. Well, I have to find out that myself. :-)
>
> Cool.  Yes, if your machines are onthe same subnet then multicast will
> work without any further configuration.  You either need to reconfigure y
> our routers or use mrouted if you want to get to other places in your LAN
> that are behind routers.

Yes, it's cool.. :-)
I've even run vic-FreeBSD and vic-Win95. Works ok, except for one thing,
the vic-Win95 I have can´t send! Not using a Quickcam anyway. That's the
big final question.

Is there any version of vic for Windows95 that supports Connectix Quickcam?
Please, anybody! I would be most grateful if some could tell me if it
exists, and where I could find it.

Thanks,
	Jakob Alvermark

 Teligent AB, P.O. Box 213, S-149 23 Nynäshamn, Sweden
Telephone +46-(0)8 520 660 00 * Fax +46-(0)8 520 193 36
 Direct +46-(0)8 520 660 32 * GSM +46-(0)70 792 16 57