Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:15:39 -0600
From:      Peter W.Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@selway.umt.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB

Hello, I've got a question about USB.

I'm trying to get my canon s10 running with s10sh (it's worked in the
past), but to no avail.

My USB mouse is working fine, and when I start up dmesg reports the
following:
ugen0: Canon Inc. PowerShot S10, rev 1.00/0.01, addr 3

Looks good, but when I run usbdevs I get the following:
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), VIA(0x0000), rev
0x0100
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered

No mention of either my camera or my mouse which I'm using now with no
difficulty.

I run s10sh -ugL and get this:
USB mode enabled
S10sh -- version 0.2.0
Copyright (C) 2000-2001 by Salvatore Sanfilippo <antirez@invece.org>
S10sh is FREE SOFTWARE under the terms of the GNU public license

Camera not found, please press the shot button and
check that the camera is in PC mode, then retry

Akk...  Would someone hit me with the clue stick?

-Peter

PS would you mind CC'ing me any replies as to make searching this a
little easier?