Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 1997 19:44:55 -0500
From:      Richard Linane <Typh0on@concentric.net>
To:        RGireyev@Bellind.com
Cc:        dwhite@lmbmicro.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2 Gamma Install Problem

RGireyev@Bellind.com wrote:

> A completely worthless $0.02 but a similar thing happened to me
> once when I downloaded a file, off the Internet,  and the last few bits
> didn't make it accross. Is the size of the original file, on the FTP
> server,
> the same as the size of the local .gz file?

I thought that might be a problem.
I had been doing the minimal installation (ie. the bin distribution)
I went ahead and downloaded the bin dist. for 2.2 Gamma 2 more times
with the same result...however I hadn't tried a different version with
the same drive.
I'd thought I would just wait until the CD of 2.1.7 I had ordered from
Walnut Creek arrived.