Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 13:57:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hasty@netcom.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, dsherwin@cts.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 probs? This the right place?

> > What is your problem?
> >
> > Also questions relating to Xfree should be directed to the
> > XFree86 mailing list.
> >

> Huh?  I presume you're a good friend of Dan's or something, and this
> entirely ad-hominem attack on him has some greater significance that
> the rest of us just aren't in on?  He was gracious enough to ASK if
> the mailing list was correct and when I informed him that the XFree86
> project was the more correct place to go, he kindly thanked me and
> redirected his question accordingly.  If your response was not in jest
> than I think you owe him an apology - this kind of rudeness is neither
> tolerated nor welcome on our lists, and if you can't be nice then I
> strongly urge you to stay well out of the question-answering business,
> at least where our good name is concerned.
>
> Thank you.
> 					Jordan

I don't get it.  The first guy asks where to ask about a problem.  Garrett
asks what that problem might be?  ( I admit, it seems he assumed that there
really was a problem already.)  I think one of us misread the exchange.
If it was me, I apologize.

Boyd

 Boyd Faulkner                                  faulkner@isd.tandem.com