Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:46:50 -0500
From:      Barry Pederson <barryp@medicine.nodak.edu>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: auth_ldap port; call it mod_ldap?

Nik Clayton wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just prepped a port of auth_ldap for Apache;
>
>     http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap/1.6/auth_ldap.html
>
> As you can see, the module is called "auth_ldap".  The shared object it
> installs is "auth_ldap.so".
>
> Every other Apache module port is called mod_<something>.  There are no
> auth_<something> ports in the tree.
>
> Should this be called ports/www/auth_ldap, or ports/www/mod_ldap ?

http://modules.apache.org shows there are other mods named "mod_ldap"
and "mod_auth_ldap" - so I'd say you almost have leave it as "auth_ldap"
- otherwise it'd be pretty confusing.

Even if there weren't already mods with those names, I think it'd be
hard to find the ports you want if they're named differently from the
"official" project names.

	Barry