Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:27:26 -0700
From:      James Pye <jwp@rhid.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dynamic DNS Server

--rJwd6BRFiFCcLxzm

greetings,

	if dns updates alone are not satisfying, i would suggest bind-dlz(ports/ne=
t/bind9-dlz). i don't think it supports dns "updates"(cant remember the rfc=
#..) with the database backend, but you can update/add/delete RRs whatever =
way you can interface with the database(pgsql,mysql,filesystem drivers are =
supported right now, more on the way, i think)..(i've been playing with a p=
gsql backend, and it seems to work quite well)
	as far as authenticating users, you could have a php script ref an ldap db=
(or pgsql, or whatever), and anyone with a browser could update their RRs...
	i dunno about windows(without cygwin at least), but you could VERY easily =
make an sh script call curl with some post data(user,pass,IP(optional, over=
loads client IP address :))..
	if a web interface isn't the style you're looking for, you could write a s=
imple client/server script with your favorite scripting language, tho this =
would kinda be a pain ;)..

-james

|=20
|=20
| > Hi guys.
| >
| > I would like to set up a dynamic dns server.
| > Do you know of any?
| > The perfect sollution would be to make it to authenticate users from a
| LDAP server but this it not nessesary.
| > I'd also need windows and bsd/linux dyndns client apps that could talk =
| my server as well.
| >
| > Thanks in advance.
| > YazzY

| > with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

--rJwd6BRFiFCcLxzm

--rJwd6BRFiFCcLxzm--