Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:18:08 +0000
From:      Joe Holden <lists@rewt.org.uk>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Subject:   Re: Timekeeping in stable/9

Chuck Swiger wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2012, at 12:04 PM, Joe Holden wrote:
>> Looks like this is down to the dynamic/tickless changes in 9 (that aren't even noted in the release notes), the machines have now been switched to linux as the lack of responses/care given to my recent postings has been noted and it was deemed that using linux would be less hassle in the long run.
>
> Sounds like you were looking for commercial support, since unpaid volunteers don't have an obligation to promptly leap out and provide solutions within your ETA.
>
> Regards,
Not really, just an acknowledgement would be fine.  It is what it is,
everyday I try to argue in favour of the project, I still use it for
myself everywhere but increasingly things happen that just don't on
other volunteer projects... it's rather difficult to argue the case when
they can install Ubuntu or whatever nonsense distro is the current
favourite and it just works.  Just a bit more accurate info would solve
it, if it doesn't do X reliably, or Y has changed, note it.