Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:10:12 -0700
From:      "John Michelini" <John1mick@cs.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Pedantic PPP Primer clarification

Greetings,

I could use some help with clarification on the following sections from the
P4 Primer.  I have a Win98/BSD3.2 machine with 2 GB for each partition.

1)(From Verifying the Ethernet Interface Configuration) Reminder: If your
Ethernet card isn't named 'ed0', specify the correct device name here
instead.

My question: How can I find the correct device name if Ethernet isn't yet
configured (and not displayed with ifconfig -a)?

2) Will I run into problems if I use the example IP addresses in the Primer
for Creating the List of LAN hosts (in the /etc/hosts directory) for my
hosts?

Thanks for your time.

John