Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:45:49 -0700
From:      Jean Christofferson <jeanc@relevantpower.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   8.3 stable or 9.0 stable amd64 iso with mfi driver changes of May 18, 2012

I am trying to install FreeBSD stable - either 8.3 or 9.0  - on a Dell
420 with Perc H310 LSI PCI Express SAS Rain controllers.

Although the physical disks are present and recognized by the BIOS the
sysinstall does not see the disks.  I think the issue is mfi driver
and was added to the stable release May 18, 2012.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mfi&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+8.3-RELEASE

I do not have an environment to download the source and make my own
installation disk.  The 8.3 image on the ftp site is dated April 9,
2012 and the 9.0 is Jan 2012.

Is there some place I can download an amd63 iso that was includes the
mfi driver update done on May 18, 2012?

Or perhaps that is not really the issue at all - any help that anyone
can provide will be welcome!

Thanks,

Jean

Jean Christofferson