Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:59:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with aha-1540b card

I need some help here.  I've been beating on this problem for days now and
can't figure out what the problem is.  I have a bunch of aha-1540 cards
that I can't get working in 4.0-RELEASE.  I know the cards work because
the were in the system when I was running 3.3 without a problem.  I
rebuilt the system with 4.0 and now they don't work.  I've tried
rebuilding the kernel, even a fresh install.  I've tried different drives
connected to it, nothing.  The errors I'm getting on boot are below:

(probe0:aha0:0:0:0): CCB 0xc5bc9508 - timed out
(probe0:aha0:0:0:0): CCB 0xc5bc9508 - timed out
aha0: aha_cmd: Timeout waiting for adapter idle
ahainitmboxes: Initialization command failed
aha0: No longer in timeout

and then it just keeps repeating over and over and not booting.

I've searched the archives of the list and can't seem to find anything.
If anyone has an idea on how to get these cards working then please let me
know.

--Damon