Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:02:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@lakewood.com>
To:        grog@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI 1542 error

> Tom Samplonius writes:
> >
> > On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Nate Williams wrote:
> >
> Jul 30 13:47:50 freebie /kernel: aha0: DMA beyond end Of ISA: 0x31bfd14
>
> Of course I have BOUNCE_BUFFERS set in the config file.
>
> In addition, lots of spurious error messages are caused by my Archive
> DDS changer.  It got so bad (for some reason the driver wasn't able to
> read or write the tape) that I had to hang it on the 2940 which I
> usually reserve for disks (where it works perfectly).
>
> I'm copying this to -scsi, since it really beloings there.
>
> Greg

BTW -- the ch device doesn't use bounce buffers at all (unfortunately)...
I've got the same problem with 2.2.2...

I don't see any bounce problems in 2.2.2 except with the archive
changer.

Bill

 Bill Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 | 908-389-3592
 pechter@lakewood.com | Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.
 This msg brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.