Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:40:12 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        gnb@itga.com.au
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, davidn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Whence Stallion support for -Stable?

I think this is a fine example of where something can proceed in
-stable even if it doesn't go into -current first.  We would certainly
want to "port it forward" with all due speed, but bringing it into
-stable certainly won't make the situation any *worse* for -current
and may make life a lot better for -stable users, so I am not inclined
to be too choosy.  Of course, if davidn is awake and responding then I
would certainly be happy for him to do it, otherwise it's something
I'd be willing to commit if Gregory is willing to do the "pulling
together" work.  Anyone with the new stallion hardware out there willing
to do the actual testing?

- Jordan