Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:17:40 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        brettg@whatupg.com
Subject:   Re: Kernel Compilation Failure

* Brett Gianpetro <brettg@whatupg.com> [20001030 12:15]:
=>Well, I'm new to FreeBSD and I'm trying to compile a custom kernel for the
=>first time.  I just recently did a cvsup and built the world, which went
=>smoothly.  Now I was running 'make buildkernel' and it failed.  Here
=>is what the failure looks like:

I gather that umass is the USB mass storage disk and you'd do better
commenting out some entries in the USB section if you don't have
them on your box.

This section.....

=>
=># USB support
=>device		uhci		# UHCI PCI->USB interface
=>device		ohci		# OHCI PCI->USB interface
=>device		usb		# USB Bus (required)
=>device		ugen		# Generic
=>device		uhid		# "Human Interface Devices"
=>device		ukbd		# Keyboard
=>device		ulpt		# Printer
=>device		umass		# Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and
=>da
=>device		ums		# Mouse
=># USB Ethernet, requires mii
=>#device		aue		# ADMtek USB ethernet
=>#device		cue		# CATC USB ethernet
=>#device		kue		# Kawasaki LSI USB ethernet
=>
=>#My try at AWE64
=>device		pcm
=>#device		sbc
=>#device		joy0	at isa? port IO_GAME
=>
=>
=>Any help would be appreciated.

HTH

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

You really have to experience the feeling of being with the president in the
oval office... It's a disease I came to call Ovalitis. -John Dean