Date:      Sat, 19 Nov 2016 17:54:34 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartmann@walstatt.org>
To:        Dima Panov <fluffy@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [poudriere]: lang/php56 is unwilling to build with ZTS

Am Thu, 3 Nov 2016 12:03:55 +1000
Dima Panov <fluffy@FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> 01.11.16 20:49, O. Hartmann =D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5=D1=82:
> > Obviously I ran into a problem with recent poudriere on CURRENT buildin=
g ports
> > in a CURRENT jail.
> >=20
> > Building threaded www/apache24 requires lang/php56 having option ZTS se=
t. I did
> > so. I tried to rebuild all depending ports, but I run into rpoblems the=
n with
> > php56: for instance, textproc/php56-xmlreader fails to build, the poudr=
iere log
> > gives the reason:
> >  =20
> > =3D=3D=3D>   php56-xmlreader-5.6.27 depends on =20
> > file: /usr/local/lib/php/20131226/dom.so - not found
> >=20
> > On systems with properly set ZTS, the expected folder for PHP modules w=
ould be
> >=20
> > /usr/local/lib/php/20131226-zts/
> >=20
> > When I first discovered this, I tried to delete and rebuild lang/php56 =
from
> > packages - definitely with option ZTS set - but the error is persistant.
> >=20
> > I'm unwilling to rebuild ALL thousands of packages, so I need some advi=
ce how
> > to solve this problem.
> >=20
> > Please CC me, I do not subscribe the list. Thanks.
> >=20
> > Thank you very much in advance,
> >  =20
>=20
> Some tweaks with poudriere build environment requred to suport ZTS build:
>=20
> cat /usr/local/poudriere.d/make.conf
>=20
> # www/apache24
> WITH_MPM=3Devent
>=20
>=20
> Meanwhile, I've got today another problem with poudriere.=20
>=20
> 'poudriere options' with non-default portstree uses options subdir from d=
efault tree,=20
> but 'poudriere bulk' hooks up the right options tree, without configured =
options, at
> all.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

I have not come far since then, the problem still persists. I figured out t=
hat even if
issuing the command:

poudriere bulk -p head -z default -j head-amd64 -C lang/php56

which is supposed to delete the package lang/php56 and rebuild it, the pack=
age is
rebuilt, but it does not respect the option WITH ZTS. The jail's sources ar=
e most recent
12-CURRENT, the build system is residing on a ZFS volume for convenience. I=
 keep three
instances of old packages, so in my case the location

/pool/poudriere/data/packages/head-amd64-head-default/.latest=20

which is a symbolic link to the most recent and last built, still holds a p=
ackage
lang/php56 which ist several days old, although I changed the option ZTS tw=
ice AND
issuing the above command forcing a rebuild! Obviously poudriere does not r=
espect this
and seems to be ignoring or confusing the directories - I do not know. By n=
ow, I manually
deleted several packages in the lates ".latest" folder, selected by date an=
d tried to
restart building my packages. poudriere then came up with more than 600 pac=
kages to be
rebuild. But it still fails on some key packages:

textproc/php56-wddx:
[...]
=3D=3D=3D>   php56-wddx-5.6.27 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/php/20131226=
/xml.so - not found
=3D=3D=3D>   Installing existing package /packages/All/php56-xml-5.6.27.txz

devel/pear:
=3D=3D=3D>   pear-1.10.1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/php/20131226/xml.s=
o - not found
=3D=3D=3D>   Installing existing package /packages/All/php56-xml-5.6.27.txz

and additionally:
textproc/php56-xmlreader
textproc/php56-xsl
databases/php56-pdo_pgsql

They all seem to have their problems sourced in php56-xml-5.6.27.txz. I als=
o tried to
rebuild exactly this package php56-xml-5.6.27.txz - but without success, I =
also deleted
it and all(!) php56-xxx ports and jumping into the very same problem of a h=
uge amount of
rebuilds.

So, I suspect some problems regarding ZTS build in XML-related ports, or a =
general
problem of poudriere. By deleting all php56-xxx packages and proper configu=
ring the
options for lang/php56 as well as www/apache24 and devel/apr1, I would expe=
ct that=20

/usr/local/lib/php/20131226-zts/xml.so

would appear instead of

/usr/local/lib/php/20131226/xml.so.

I'm lost here! My resources are limited, builds take a whole day on my box =
and I'm no
expert in the abyss of poudriere, so to answere the question, what my=20

usr/local/etc/php.conf

(in poudriere) look like, I need help.

/usr/local/etc/php.conf on my systems which use custom build via portmaster=
 looks correct:

PHP_VER=3D56
PHP_VERSION=3D5.6.27
PHP_SAPI=3Dcli cgi fpm
PHP_EXT_INC=3Dpcre spl
PHP_EXT_DIR=3D20131226-zts

But this is not poudriere's environment.

Kind regards,

Oliver

--=20
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder =C3=9Cbermittlung meiner Daten f=C3=BCr
Werbezwecke oder f=C3=BCr die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (=C2=A7 28 Abs.=
 4 BDSG).