Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:40:05 -0700
From:      Shill <shill@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Aztech soundcard and FreeBSD 4.4

I can't seem to get my ISA (and supposedly PnP) soundcard to work. It is
a Sound Galaxy Pro 16III-3D PnP manufactured by Aztech.

http://www.aztech.com/driver/sound_pro16lll.htm

I compiled several custom kernels.

c.f. http://shill.free.fr/VENUS

However, upon reboot, the pcm device is not detected and two unknown
devices are reported:

unknown: <IDE CDROM DISABLED> can't assign resources
unknown: <MODEM DISABLED> can't assign resources

c.f. http://shill.free.fr/dmesg

I found an entry in the FAQ that seemed to deal with my predicament:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/troubleshoot.html#PNP-NOT-FOUND

So I ran pnpinfo:

Checking for Plug-n-Play devices...

Card assigned CSN #1
Vendor ID AZT1006 (0x06105407), Serial Number 0xffffffff
PnP Version 1.0, Vendor Version 2
Device Description: AZT1006 PnP SOUND DEVICE

c.f. http://shill.free.fr/pnpinfo

But the answer in the FAQ pertains to modems and I don't think the sio.c
file is appropriate for soundcards.

In closing, is there any reasonable chance I get this funky soundcard to
work? How would I do it?

Thanks for any help.

Shill