Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:16:35 -0500
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Scott Gasch <scott.gasch@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, brooks@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: squeezecenter hangs kernel on sigterm

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 08:42:51AM -0700, Scott Gasch wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have a problem with the squeezecenter port -- when I stop it (via
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/squeezecenter stop or via system shutdown or via kill=
 -9
> pid) it hangs the machine instantly, every time.  There is nothing in the
> system or all log about what happened.  I'm running FreeBSD
> wannabe.guru.org6.2-RELEASE-p11 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p11.  Has anyone
> ever seen this before
> and / or have any advice short of hooking up a kernel debugger?  If a ker=
nel
> debugger is the next step, can someone point me at a good guide?

You're going to need a kernel debugger.  The developers handbook has
information:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kernel=
debug.html

You might also try upgrading to 6.3 since it's unlikely we'll do an
errata to fix this for 6.2.

My guess would be that you're seeing a bug related to multicast and
mDNSResponderPosix, but it could be something else.

-- Brooks

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--