Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:34:28 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Martin Portmann <map@infinitum.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: i4b + userppp + MPP

>    > MPP works like a charm now. I am just missing a feature: It
>    > would be great only to open additional channels if the
>    > actual network traffic needs it. How can I accomplish this?
>
>    I should create a free email account to answer my own mails -
>    it would not be that embarrassing: 'set autoload' is the solution.
>    I guess I should get some sleep ...

FYI I've just made two modifications to the ``set autoload'' stuff.

First, if you talk to a cisco router initially with a single link, it
sends it's traffic as PROTO_IP rather than PROTO_MP and ppp used to
get the throughput calculations wrong as a result.

Second, throughput was based on the total inbound and outbound
traffic, allowing potential autoload values to go up to 200%.  This
is now the greater of the two instead, making things more rational -
but different (see README.changes).

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>