Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:58:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael Richards" <michael@fastmail.ca>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Coding Conventions

--------------Boundary-00=_BLGT4PRMY3LOO49D7TH0

Just a quick question as I get down to a testable fix on the boot
loader problem: I've been hacking up the code adding things like:
#ifdef DEBUG
    printf("returning from prom_open\n");
#endif

Should these be left in for future debugging or should the patch only
contain the real code changes? IE, if someone else needs to debug,
let them go in and add their own printf's... One unfortunate side
effect is that the boot loader will no longer fit on a single floppy
with the kernel. I deleted the kernel because it dies before getting
that far.

-Michael