Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:44:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@puchar.net>
To:        d@delphij.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
Subject:   Re: Seagate Archive HDD

to support this drives really efficiently you need

1) new filesystem - to use it as usual drive

2) replacement for rsync or other backup tools - to write new data
sequentially when doing backups, and other tool to (from time to time)
select data to be removed to free space, and reorganizing disk. Written
data can have geom_uzip&cd9660 (or ffs) compatible layout to be readable
by just anything.

I maybe would do some work on 2 as it will be my basic usage for it -
incremental backup storage.