Date:      Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:10:17 GMT
From:      mwm@mired.org
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/85995: New port: devel/pymacs, lets you write emacs extensions in python

The following reply was made to PR ports/85995; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: mwm@mired.org
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, mwm@mired.org
Date: 12 Sep 2005 07:09:53 -0000

 I should have mentioned this in the original posting, but did things
 in a bit of a hurry. My bad.

 There is a bug in the xemacs21 port (actually, in the emacs ports in
 general) that causes this port to fail to install if you set
 EMACS_PORT_NAME to xemacs21. You can work around this bug by setting
 EMACS_PORT_NAME to another emacs - or so I've been led to believe. I
 haven't tested any of them, for rather convoluted reasons.

 In retrospect, making that the default EMACS_PORT_NAME xemacs21
 probably wasn't such a good idea. It won't matter much - the only
 people liable to install this port should already have an emacs
 installed. If it's not xemacs21, they'll set EMACS_PORT_NAME
 appropriately, and everything should work. If it is xemacs21 - well,
 they can't install another emacs because they conflict. So they can't
 install the port in any case.

 Anyway, the bug in question is ports/37596. The person assigned to the
 bug - sem - has a fix for it. I have a copy of that patch, which is
 how I tested this port with xemacs21 installed. The patch is waiting
 on a full build cycle on pointyhat, which will happen after
 6.0-RELEASE.