Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:49:51 -0800
From:      Ben Speirs <igiveup@ix.netcom.com>
To:        nathan <beemern@ksu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more WINE'ing

nathan wrote:

> i've found out a little more about my WINE problem.
>
> everytime i invoke wine, i get the following dmesg:
>
>     shared address space fork attempted: pid: 16505
>
> i don't have any idea what this means (theoretically OR practically)
>
> incidently, i'm running a dual proc box (pIII / 450's  & 128 mb ram)
> don't know if the SMP kernel has anything to do with my problems.

I just saw a message pop up on the SMP mailing list that might answer
your question.  If you are not subscribed to that list, check the
archives for the subject "staroffice doesn't work with a 3.4-SMP
kernel".  It looks like wine suffers from the same problem.  The
solution is you have to run -CURRENT.

Hope that helps.
--
-Ben Speirs