Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:30:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need help with portlint

Michael Haro writes:
> > I still think portlint should be more tolerant of, and robust
> > in the face of, blank lines. They make comments easier to read.
>
> If you have patches, feel free to send them to me. =)
>
> Also, if you have a makefile that you know is fine, yet portlint
> complains about it, let me know which port and I'll look into
> it.

My only complaint is that it seems to get confused by blank lines.
First, what's so bad about blank lines?  They help make the Makefile
readable. Secondly, they shouldn't be so confusing to portlint.

Here is the example I was working on..

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/skip/Makefile?rev=1.17

Anyway, I don't have any patches for portlint so can't demand too much :-)

-Archie