Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:54:54 +0300
From:      Sergei Kolobov <sergei@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        gordon@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cfengine vs. cfengine2

--tKy6e3LXpfmanBFM

(sysutils/cfengine and sysutils/cfengine2 port maintainers cc'd)

Hello,

I would like to get your feedback on idea of deprecating cfengine port=20
in favour of newer cfengine2 port. =20

After all, the former is at version 1.6.3, and the latest function change=
=20
was this:

----------------------------
revision 1.24
date: 2002/07/29 20:47:37;  author: gordon;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
Update cfengine MASTER_SITES

Note this was almost 3 years ago.

I think we could first add NO_LATEST_LINK to the cfengine port
so users can pkg_add -r cfengine to get the latest version
and then mark the port as DEPRECATED with some date - say 3 or 6 months
in the future.

Any thoughts, objections?
Is cfengine 1.x still in use somewhere?

Sergei