Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2010 07:10:02 GMT
From:      Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@techwires.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/144898: [wpi] [panic] wpi panics system

The following reply was made to PR kern/144898; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@techwires.net>
To: Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:06:46 +0200

 On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 19:48, Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de> wrote:
 > On 22/08/2010 15:38, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> please give attached patch a shot, it should fix the issues with the
 >> RFKill button.
 >>
 >> Currently I'm not able to reproduce the other issues, I don't have 8
 >> GB RAM though.
 >
 > I have now both your patch an Alex's patch applied and everything
 > seems to be working. I hope both patches make it into RELENG_8.
 >
 > I'll get back to you once I've used it for a time. Alex's patch
 > already fixed the panic when turning the radio switch off, but
 > with your patch I can also connect to a network more than once.

 Alex's patch addresses a different issue, there is a race with
 wpa_supplicant (/etc/rc.d/netif restart) which might free a node while
 one of the wpi functions is using it. It shouldn't make any difference
 in your case, though, it's nice to fix this now and I probably going
 to commit it anyways.

 Please let me know if there a any stability issues left, it made a
 pretty good impressions over this weekend while I did run some tests.

 Thanks.

 --
 Bernhard