Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 15:12:07 -0500
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        Greg Fraize <greg@oz.plymouth.edu>
Cc:        questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: setting the time on FreeBSD 2.2.5

On Tue, Nov 11, 1997 at 02:18:48PM -0500, Greg Fraize wrote:

> I set the time zone right..but i can nto fine the command to
> set the time....thanks

You can set the date and time using the "date" command.  I'm
writing this at 3:07pm on 11 November, so I would set the date with:

date 9711111507

for example.

If you have a working network connection (even a modem) on the machine,
it is probably easier and more accurate to set the clock from another
machine running NTP:

ntpdate clock.psu.edu

("clock.psu.edu" is a perfectly good example; your ISP, company, or
whatnot may have its own that you can use).

Both methods must be done as root; you obviously don't want just anyone
changing the date on you.

Regards,
Matthew

--